MacBook Pro, just some information.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WillEH, Feb 8, 2011.

1. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

I've been looking at tons of reviews for the ProBook.

I'd really like to get one, I don't need it for anything special, I just want something to go on now and again, a bit of web designing and some photography. I have the spare cash, so none of this "you don't need a :apple: ProBook" Please.. It's really a desktop replacement, and something to last me a few years..

I'd like to get the i7. 4GB.

My question was I'm a fool but not such a fool, I want a SSD but not at £1000.00, could I buy the SSD somewhere else and install it in the ProBook?

I would buy 4gb memory extra.

With the 330m graphics card, would I be able to play such games as Bad Company 2? (On bootcamp of course)

All in all I have around £2300 for a ProBook (I've had to buy 2 PC's in the last 3 years costing around £2500!) so I think it's a good invesement!

and all these rumors of the new Probook 2011, just a quick question, if it is sandy bridge processors is it worth to wait for a few months until they release it or not, or would the i7 do a good job for the next few years.

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

buy the ssd somewhere else, OWC is a good place, but whatever you do get one with a sandforce controller.
    the current i7 should do a fine job for years, the real question is if the thermal works in the MBP will allow apple to use a quad core, i personally don't think so, not before ivy bridge anyway.

3. WillEH thread starter macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Since I'm still waiting for mod to move this thread to correct section.

Can I replace the MBP graphics card for a better one

4. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

No.

5. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

10 minute job but you need a T6 driver to get the support pegs of the existing drive.