MacBook Pro Keeps Forgetting Colour Profile

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sk8mash, Sep 5, 2009.

1. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

My MacBook Pro is connected to the LED Cinema Display. Every time it wakes from sleep, or sometimes after screensaver, it forgets the colour profile. I have to go system preferences and click display and then it automatically uses the correct profile. This happens on both the LED display and the MacBook screen.

I am running Snow Leopard, and I don't think I had this issue before upgrading.

I googled and found one thread on a different forum about the exact same issue, but no answer. http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=381439 Interestingly it was posted before Snow Leopard.

Any ideas?

2. Carlos E macrumors 6502

Carlos E

I have the same issue. Running dual screens with an '09 17" MacBook Pro and 24" Apple Cinema Display running snow leopard. If I let the machine sit idle for a long time it loses the color profile setting for the internal display and I have to go into preferences to reselect it. If it's happening to others I guess it's a 10.6 bug. I first noticed it in the 10.6 RC.

3. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

Same here... it happens on non Apple monitors too. It's annoying.

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Anyone try resetting PRAM? if so, I'd suspect it's a bug with Snow Leopard. Many are waiting for .1 for the already long list of bugs people are experiencing.

5. ninjadex macrumors 6502

This is a bug going back at least as far as Leopard's release. Seen this on many different models like Mac Pros, MBP, 2009 Mac Mini.

Common factor between all of these models in my case? Multiple Displays...

It can only be temporarily fixed by changing profiles in System Preferences, and back to your preferred profile. It is a horribly annoying bug.

6. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

I've had this issue on my 13" MBP with a ViewSonic 24" monitor attached. I'm using a Mini DisplayPort to DVI adaptor. This happens under both Leopard and Snow Leopard.

I'm going to chalk this up as another issue with Mini DisplayPort- my white MB never had an issue with the same monitor.

Also, this only happens when dismissing the screen saver.

7. kk6yb macrumors newbie

kk6yb

I heard about this bug before but never experienced it until after installing Snow Leopard. There is also a thread on discussions.apple.com but no solution.

I have an ASUS VH242H 24" LCD that loses its profile when the MacBook wakes up sometimes.

8. peejay999 macrumors newbie

I too have this problem, it's been ongoing on my Macbook Pro and NEC 2690 running Leopard.

It's the screensaver. For some reason it usually reverts to the default profile, sometimes changes it to some random one. If I turn the screen saver off the problem goes away though.

Annoying!

9. MagnusVonMagnum macrumors 601

MagnusVonMagnum

I've started having this problem as well since updating to Snow Leopard. I just installed the 10.6.3 update and it forgot my color setting once again after rebooting. It never had this problem in regular Leopard. One would THINK that since this problem has apparently been known since 10.6's inception that it would be FIXED BY NOW(!) but apparently Apple doesn't listen to their users (surprise surprise).

10. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Never had this problem with 10.6.2. Have an LG monitor and it remembers the color profile.

11. jsnuff1 macrumors 6502a

This issue has been ongoing across whole macbook pro product revisions and Major Mac OS X releases (I think it has been around since 10.3 if i remember correctly).

Its quite pathetic, and one of the most annoying problems Apple for some reason has not fixed in all these years.

12. m85476585 macrumors 65816

Try repairing permissions and repairing color profiles.

To repair color profiles, go to ColorSync Utility -> Profile First Aid -> Repair. I haven't heard of this fixing the problem when it happens intermittently, but if you are having the problem all the time, maybe it will help. It can't hurt.