MacBook Pro Kernal Panic...Will not boot (pics)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by smssoleimani, Oct 21, 2011.

1. smssoleimani macrumors newbie

Made an appointment for the genius bar but I wanted to know if there is anything I can try to resolve this issue:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I tried doing a PRAM reset and NVRAM reset by holding command+option+p+r during start up and it did not work. I tried holding option to boot from snow leo 911 pro and it would not go through with the boot. I opened the macbook pro and was going to take out the battery and hold down the power for a couple seconds but the battery says DO NOT REMOVE and normally I wouldn't care and I know enough about computers and macs to take it out and put it back but its not my computer and I do not want to mess up my friend's computer and possibly void the applecare warranty. Any other suggestions?

2. josephmccutchen macrumors member

One thing you could try is using the Install DVD and boot into Setup, then go into Disk Utility and try to repair the hard drive. Try that and see if it works.

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Clean the screen?... :p
    I joke, I joke.

Try what josephmccutchen suggested, boot from either a OS X Disc or the Restore discs that came with your computer. To do this, insert the CD and hold 'C' at startup.