Macbook Pro Kernel Crash (weird)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Trilla, May 4, 2012.

1. Trilla macrumors newbie

Okay... So lately i've been getting lots of kernel crashes and i literally tried everything... I was running Lion 10.7.3 when this happened but i tried to uninstall the OS so now im running SL, but it keeps crashing. I've tried to do a apple hardware test on extended and normal, but nothing....

I usually gets KP when im in my browser with more than 3-4 taps open, but the weird thing is that when i go into safe mode i can open up 100 taps in my browser + all programs in my dock and it runs fine... Im running safe mode right now but i can't keep doing it since there is no sound and it's a little bit slower, but it's fine for now though.

Anyone have an idea what could be causing this? :D

2. rpmor macrumors member

not sure about Macs (recently bought a Mac for uni and sold my laptop) but with Windows at least non-essential services are not being run (namely user installed ones); maybe you should try and isolate whats not running during safe mode and what is during normal boot that might be affecting things? you sure it only crashes during the use of your browser?

3. Trilla thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i tried to open up all my programs in the dock while in normal mode and it crashed... But usually only happens when im browsing

4. rpmor macrumors member

does it happen as soon as you log in or sometime later?

5. Trilla thread starter macrumors newbie

Sometime later... I can usually use it for 30 minutes and then it crashes