Macbook Pro keyboard and bootcamp problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by poozer115, Jul 12, 2009.

1. poozer115 macrumors regular

poozer115

Hiya, two problems with my new macbookpro.

1st: The "return" key goes from being extremely sticky and sluggish to very sharp and responsive by the minute, I'm guessing something is stuck underneath. Is there any way to safely remove the key and clean it?

2nd: Bootcamp isn't working very well. After installing Windows XP without problems, the Leopard disk isn't working right. It's reading, and installs all the programs, but afterwards none of the apple keys work (like brightness and volume controls), there's no volume, and the GPU isn't recognized (at least I think this is the problem, if I drag a window across the screen it moves frame by frame..). These are obviously severe problems. Any advice on how to fix it? Thanks!

2. munksyman325 macrumors newbie

3. poozer115 thread starter macrumors regular

poozer115

I solved the Bootcamp problem so I thought I'd share my solution. Instead of using the Leopard disks, use the one that comes with the macbook pro. I know this sounds stupid, but it doesn't state this in the guide. The one that comes with the computer has a newer and specific version of Bootcamp. After erasing the Leopard one and installing the Macbook Pro one everything's been running great! Cheers :)!