Macbook pro keyboard and trackpad freezing upon startup.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by khanhcept, Jul 2, 2010.

1. khanhcept macrumors newbie

Ever since i installed mouse drivers for my logitech MX510 from driverscollections.com, I've been experiencing problems with my mbp. First of all, it takes about 3 minutes to boot up (white/grey apple screen), secondly, upon finishing bootup, the keyboard and trackpad have become virtually useless for awhile (about twenty minutes or longer). Only USB keyboards and mice work during this useless phase. I noticed this only happens when I boot up my laptop. It's the latest MBP 2.4 ghz, 4gb ram and I've had this for about two months, any ideas on how to resolve the issue?

Also, I've deleted the drivers, lol.

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Open up the console app (Applications > Utilities), select "All messages", if you see anything along the lines of this:

Then the small controller board for the keyboard and trackpad has died, and you need to get it replaced. I had the same issue on my MBP a few months ago, very frustrating having the KB & TP to die in the middle of a lecture with all your notes unsaved, with the only option being to shut down and lose everything you wrote.

3. khanhcept thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't see that anywhere in my log, and as of now, it's been forty minutes since my boot up and it's still not working. This is becoming a big issue. It was working earlier until I restarted.

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Search just for AppleUSBMultitouch and it might show then, otherwise, maybe see if the logitech mouse driver has an update anywhere? Could be the driver you have installed is incompatible with 10.6.4