macbook pro keyboard and trackpad unresponsive

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by necropunk, Dec 7, 2008.

1. necropunk macrumors member

hi all,

i think that this is a known issue and i'm just checking if there's a solution already.

so about a year ago i upgraded to leopard and i started to have this keyboard and trackpad freezes. there is no pattern whatsoever and when i plug a mouse it does work.

since this is a ridiculous issue and it's been quite a while since it was detected by quite a good number of users i wonder if it has been solved. i'm having these freezes about 3/4 times a week and it's just getting stupid. i googled a litle bit and i think that there's no solution yet but since this is so , you know, really stupid i'm just checking here,

thanks in advance

2. necropunk thread starter macrumors member

just checking back to see if there were any replies and, well, no luck :mad:

since this is a software problem (it all started with the leopard upgrade, and from what i've seen around the web, i'm definitely not alone on this one...) this just doesnt make sense to me.

how can a so well known bug remain unsolved after all this time?

3. necropunk thread starter macrumors member

4. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Update the firmware? If that doesn't work try bringing it in to a apple retailer store to have them look at it..:)

5. Schinder macrumors newbie

could still be a hardware problem. there was a software issue but that was fixed like a year ago, so if your software is up to date than Im pretty sure that it is your internal usb that is broken. I had the same problem on both my mbp so bring it in to apple. It is not a "acknowledged" problem so make sure they take your laptop in for diagnostics.