Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
got my new macbook pro today, very excited, opened it up the o keyboard button was off and others just hanging on, looked shocking, phoned straight away and getting a new shipped out tomorrow.
very very disappointed with this, have they no quality control???:mad::mad:

trying to find a uk email address to complain but cant find any so I emailed SJ!
know I wont get a reply but so pissed off I paid £999 and the thing isn't even fit for use

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
That's a bit of an overkill reaction. The keys aren't that hard to pop back on. Just line up the groves and press them on.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
That's a bit of an overkill reaction. The keys aren't that hard to pop back on. Just line up the groves and press them on.

I put it back on but it came right back off, and no its not an overkill reaction, £999 for a laptop, open it up and the keys are falling off!! no thanks and yes I'm getting a new one but still not happy

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I put it back on but it came right back off, and no its not an overkill reaction, £999 for a laptop, open it up and the keys are falling off!! no thanks and yes I'm getting a new one but still not happy
Things happen during shipping. That's not necessarily an indication that Apple is at fault. Just have it repaired/replaced and don't freak out. Stuff happens.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Things happen during shipping. That's not necessarily an indication that Apple is at fault. Just have it repaired/replaced and don't freak out. Stuff happens.

I dont see how this could happen during shipping?? I like apple stuff very much but this is shoddy work, maybe the 12 hour shift was ending and the couldnt be bothered !!

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I dont see how this could happen during shipping?? I like apple stuff very much but this is shoddy work, maybe the 12 hour shift was ending and the couldnt be bothered !!

It wad shipped halfway across the world. At anypoint the unit could have been dropped, bent, rattled, frozen, heated, or smashed. Apple isn't to blame here. The shipping company is.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
You don't know what abuses many packages suffer during shipment. They're dropped, slammed, vibrated, jostled, tossed, etc. All I'm saying is you don't know for certain that the keys were that way to begin with, or if they came off during shipment. It's not a big deal, since it will be fixed/replaced.

iZero

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2011
You don't know what abuses many packages suffer during shipment. They're dropped, slammed, vibrated, jostled, tossed, etc. All I'm saying is you don't know for certain that the keys were that way to begin with, or if they came off during shipment. It's not a big deal, since it will be fixed/replaced.

Indeed. I have seen drivers from both FedEx and UPS literally tossing boxes around/knocking them off storage shelves in the trucks before. I don't know how widespread that is, but I guarantee that at some point in probably all of our MBP's journeys, that they were handled "rough" to say the least. It may be something missed at the factory, sure. But I'd be more willing to put money on something either accidental, or careless, happening during shipping. At any rate, you got a replacement, even though it sucks to wait for a package and have it show up broken, at least it's going to be resolved :)

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow

well lets hope the next one is ok;);)

ghostlyorb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2010
Virginia, USA
got my new macbook pro today, very excited, opened it up the o keyboard button was off and others just hanging on, looked shocking, phoned straight away and getting a new shipped out tomorrow.
very very disappointed with this, have they no quality control???:mad::mad:

trying to find a uk email address to complain but cant find any so I emailed SJ!
know I wont get a reply but so pissed off I paid £999 and the thing isn't even fit for use

Breath in.. breathe out.... and yes, I would be mad too.. but what can I say, stuff happens.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State

No it's not... if my laptop came like that I'd assume that either there was something seriously defective about the keyboard that it fell apart that easily that I should get a replacement so it won't be a future problem...

or...

something traumatic happened to the laptop and there may be other damage.

Either way, I totally do not blame some one for wanting a new laptop (I would).

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
I think the only "overkill" was emailing SJ, when simply contacting Apple would have resolved the issue.

it is resolved, my new one should be here tomorrow , just thought I'd tell steve my thoughts, and wished him the best of health!!

and yes I have every right to be pissed, these things are expensive

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
see how nice it looks !!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    580.4 KB · Views: 83
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.