MacBook Pro - (keyboard) key issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jb60606, Aug 27, 2008.

1. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

Has anyone else had this issue? What did you do to resolve it?

Occassionaly, after initially powering up my brand new MacBook Pro cold, 1 or 2 random keys will require additional force to depress (there is more resistance to the key stroke). This frequently happens after brief travel periods (e.g. walking from home to work, etc) and it seems to be happening more often now, rarely with the same key (two days ago it was U, then G, today A).

A simple solution seems to be slamming on the key a dozen or so times until there is less resistance, but I don't want to do this every time I use the laptop and I'm afraid I'm overlooking a more severe problem (for example, could this be related to heat?).

I have a feeling something is out of sorts underneath the keyboard, but it doesn't look easy to remove. I could send it back to Apple, but can't afford to lose this laptop for a week or two. Is there any way to easily access the underlayings of the MBP keyboard to check if there is possibly a bad connection, or if it's in need of a cleaning (maybe a loose breadcrumb or two beneath it)?

2. digitalpencil macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

You can remove the individual eys by pulling gently at the top until they 'snap' off just be careful f the underlying suspensions as these are quite fragile..

Either that or just attack it with compressed air..

3. operator207 macrumors 6502

Sounds similar to when my PowerBook got coke spilled on it by my daughter, and didn't tell me for a week.

The keys would not stick down, but they were hard to push down the first few times I used it.

4. rajkbala macrumors newbie

I also have same problem

I also have same type of problem. Sometime i type something and few letters are missing. Might be keys are to be pressed hard. I don't type much so i never bordered.