Macbook Pro - Keyboard Pressing Keys Itself.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by knibbzy, Aug 2, 2013.

1. knibbzy macrumors newbie

Hi There, apologies if this is the wrong place to be posting this.

My Macbook Pro 15.4 2.2ghz Core 2 Duo, keyboard keeps pressing keys itself.

I have replaced the keyboard once before, after an incident involving cream soda, and it was working fine. However now, keys random press themselves. Its mainly the W key, however some others do press occasionally.

I've tried using an external wired Apple keyboard, and also tried turning off the keyboard via terminal however it still happens, which makes me think that it's not actually the keyboard itself.w

Any idea's what it could be?

And help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Perhaps the circuitry on the logic board was affected buy your soda spill. Obviously something is not right and replacing the keyboard didn't resolve the issue so its something along the logic board

3. knibbzy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Mike.

I did think that, however it was almost a year ago that I replaced the keyboard and its been working fine, until recently.

Could it take this length of time before issues show?

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its possible that your computer has incurred some corrosion from the sticky mess that was spilled. Its also possible that you just have a defective keyboard

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Possibly a slow corrosion of some element of the logic board explains the delayed reaction.

6. knibbzy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks both.

If i open it up and actually unplug/disconnect the keyboard, and it's still happening, I'm guessing this will tell me if it is in fact something deeper than just the keyboard?

7. Shivancouver macrumors newbie

Shivancouver

I am having the same issue... nothing spilled, just the keys suddenly pressing themselves when I have the keyboard viewer open.

2011 Macbook Pro 17 with the replaced logic board...