Macbook Pro kinda/sorta suck

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Your Daddy Q, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Your Daddy Q macrumors newbie

i have two macbook pros. they aren't suck. but when i look at Micheal Freaking Dell's website: http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=555&l=en&oc=MLB151&s=biz

I have to say that Macbook pro is kinda suck.

Let's just use the graphic card as an example: NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M, 512MB. Apple offers Quadro FX for their laptop line? Looking at Micheal Freaking Dell's website, i kinda "know", what apple is going to offer for their next MBP. i am not sure about the Quadro FX. maybe 8G option like Dell.

Whatelse? guys... Isn't that kinda/sorta suck?

2. kabunaru Guest

Well, Steve Jobs thinks the current MacBook Pro is "fine".

3. Your Daddy Q thread starter macrumors newbie

do you think the current macbook pros are fine? IF, you were doing graphic and 3D modeling.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

link?

5. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

Up to 3ghz on those dells too.

I suppose the macbook pro is thin and light compared to other high-end laptops. That dell is probably huge and gets about 1 hour battery life. That said, the MBPs are definitely due for revision, and should bring them in line with the rest of the market.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Fine in the context of the chip defect as said by Steve in a response to an e-mail that I sent him (look around here for the screenshot; I posted it a couple of places), but not fine in the context of "they have the newest GPU".

The 8600M GT is over a year old now. They need a new one, but the best we'll do is the 9650M GT.

I sent Steve Jobs an e-mail asking about the current chip defect. He replied that they are fine. I'll post it again.

7. Your Daddy Q thread starter macrumors newbie

weather man the NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M, 512MB is way better than the 9650M GT. it would be kinda suck to see those GTs again. time for some quadro.

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Except, powermacdaddy... the Quadros do not, to my knowledge, meet Apple's self-imposed power draw limits. The 9650M GT is the best card that does, and they will make the MacBook Pro neither thicker nor draw more power to give people more power.

Please don't become another Yixian, no offense to the man in question.

9. Your Daddy Q thread starter macrumors newbie

i am going to do dig into these two graphic card now. i called you weather man because i read powermacdaddy's posts regrading mac pro. and you know what is going on.

Yixian? who is that?

10. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Can we please stop with the "MBP GPU Sucks", "MBP Future GPU", and "Dell has this..."

Nobody knows when the MBP will be updated, nobody knows the next GPU, nobody knows what is going to happen and nobody cares about what Dell has to offer....enough said.

11. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Amen to that. Agree completely.

Cheers

12. mladenz macrumors regular

Can you just send a email to Jobs? And lol, he took the time to reply too.

13. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

You can, but I imagine that he actually doesn't answer them all.

14. jaytv111 macrumors regular

that sums up the situation pretty well, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss what we'd like to see in a future Macbook Pro

15. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

I read an article that he has assistants who reply to his emails on his behalf. As if he has the time to read let alone reply to them all himself.

16. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't know… When you mentioned Dell, all I could think of was the XPS gaming machine I spent a lot of money on with the crappy quality and pathetic tech support was was kinda suck.

17. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

This thread is asinine. Don't get a Mac.

That's like saying you shouldn't buy a BMW because it doesn't have a 454 big block, you should buy a box Chevy. Different strokes for different folks, my friend.

18. iBunny macrumors 65816

I would like to see the next version of the MBP, which I beleive will come out in October, to have the latest version of the ATi Mobility Radeon. Whatever the Mid-range version is.

Perhaps the 4650 512MB?

19. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

The funny thing though is if you google around a bit you'll see many responses from sjobs@apple.com are rather terse and rude... kinda odd from a customer service standpoint but fitting of his personality.

20. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Maybe they're just getting 'in character' :p