MacBook Pro Lacking EarPhone Jack

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lifeguard, Sep 9, 2016.

1. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

Anyone else think this might be the case?

Bear with me......

If the iPhone lost it, then you would think the iPads and Macs should loose is as well. Apple wants us to use their earphones and if they are going to be using the new connector then the MAC will need to have one of those connections

Discuss

2. davidg4781 macrumors 68010

I've thought this would happen when Lightning came out. Maybe with 2 Lightning ports on it, one for sound, one for charging/syncing iPhone. I thought that since it's proprietary, Apple could get away with higher transfer speeds and charging than USB. I was really hoping Lightning would be USB-C, but I guess that didn't happen.

3. Vctr macrumors regular

I think the MacBooks are still going to have the headphone jack. The major justification for the iPhone losing it is because of the valuable space that it takes up (relative to the size of the iPhone). MacBooks are much larger devices so the space the headphone jack takes up isn't nearly as valuable. Thus, there isn't any real substantial benefit to taking it away.

4. swein1992 macrumors member

well if they don't include a lightening port, how can people who just bought a iPhone 7 plug their earpods into the mac? Will Apple include a lightening to 3.5mm adaptor? That will be ridiculous. Where is the good old seamless integration between Apple products?
    The only way they are going to solve this problem is to include a 3.5mm jack with the lightening port because a lot of mac users are not iPhone users.

5. jerryk macrumors 68030

Seems like a USB to lightning adapter or cable is needed. I bet many Apple users already own one of those.