Macbook pro laptop charger

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mbpkid, Sep 5, 2011.

1. mbpkid macrumors member

hello i was wondering if anyone knows a good alternative laptop charger for mbp. the one it comes with is bad..couple months ago i had to get it replaced because of yellow discoloration and it wasnt working.. now my 2nd one i got from apple has the same problem and wont charge laptop.. im not sure if i can get it replaced free again? it has same problem but i dont have warranty.. id really like to know if there is a better quality laptop charger for mbp :apple:

2. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Not without violating Apple's patents.

You can find cheap "knock-offs" on ebay but you get what you pay for. I just buy used OEM chargers from trusty buyers there. (I have 1 for each of 3 locations just so I don't have to drag one around).

3. mmduluth macrumors regular

If Apple gave you a brand new charger a few months ago then I would think that the charger would have a year warranty on it even if your computer is out of warranty. I might be wrong but I think that’s how it works.

4. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Theres alot of story people using cheap chargers for MBPs and iPhones and their battery explodes or it just dies on them.
    Then Apple dont replace it for you.

5. mbpkid thread starter macrumors member

wow there arent any better chargers? i think the apple charger is horrible, i take very good care of it but it always stops working after a few months and they are really expensive

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

I've had mine for nearly 4 years, you probably don't take all that good care of them if they die after a few months.

7. xdbuix macrumors 6502

if u have applecare, the charger shouldnt be a problem. U go in and ask for another one.

8. WickedPuddin macrumors member

You can get the chargers much cheaper on amazon.