Macbook pro latch bulge problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kaboutertje, Jan 20, 2008.

1. kaboutertje macrumors regular

kaboutertje

Ok so the bulge above the latch of my 2.0ghz macbook pro is becoming quite big, a bit like the one on the picture below:
    [​IMG]

Anyone else with this problem tried superglueing it back?

And one more question, I'm still using the program that changes something to the way your cpu is used so that fixed my whine problem. Anything new and improved out nowadays for the whine problem (except a repair ofcourse since my mbp is 2 years old).

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

I had this problem on my pro but not as bad as the one in the pic (it seems to be pretty common as the casing's thin there) i waited till i upgraded my HD and the keyboard was off a gave the bulge a push with the blunt end of a biro that sorted it

3. Crash-n-Burn macrumors regular

I have the same problem. I took it to the apple store who told me that it's not covered under applecare. Oh well, it's not to big of a deal, they said if it begins to affect the functionality of the computer to bring it back. Then again my the geniuses who work at my apple store are very rude.

4. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

My old 1.83 Core Duo MacBook Pro did the same thing. They can tighten the case but it just came loose a day later. Then again this was done at an authorized repair center, not an Apple Store.

5. kaboutertje thread starter macrumors regular

kaboutertje

So nobody tried fixing it their selves? Cause I'm sure it's nothing a bit of superglue can't fix :).
    My "bulge" is as big as the one on the picture btw :).

6. ccwilli3 macrumors member

My C2D 2.16 does the same thing. I have to push the top of the screen down, then push the button to open the lid. Kind of a pain, but the only negative I have about this machine...

7. kaboutertje thread starter macrumors regular

kaboutertje

Ah it's not as bad as in I can't open the lid, but it just irritates me :).

But really this machine is still fast enough for me so I hope it will last me for another 1-2 years. We'll see :).

8. SoLibertyDies macrumors regular

I dropped my 2.16 CD, so it was a little different, but padded plyers fixed it right up after I took the top case off.