Macbook pro Late 2007 trackpad replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Andykoval, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Andykoval macrumors newbie

I am in a serious pinch here...

I bought a used late model 2007 macbook pro 15". it had some damage on the from near the button to unlock the lid (dented) so i bought the laptop with intentions to fix it since i am a PC technician i didn't think it would be a problem...

Turns out the new top case i bought turns out to be from a early 2008 macbook pro with a different track pad. everything works just dandy except for the buttons on the F keys. the key brightness changes volumes. and the f8 key opens iTunes.. those buttons are a complete mess.

The question is... is there a way to make the 2008 track pad work on my 2007 model? or am i going to be forced into buying another top case?

A quick response would be great!

p.s. i also replaced the keyboard because it was filthy but they look EXACTLY the same.

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Unless you were looking at modifying the case I'm fairly sure you'll have to get a new case.

You mentioned the F key issue, on the new boards you have to select fn then the fuction key. By default it is set up to do the special commands(brightness, volume, etc.). This can be changed in system prefs under keyboard if like me you are a function key user.