Macbook Pro (Late 2008) - College Glossy Screen Review

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DSchwartz88, Oct 23, 2008.

1. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

Hey All,

Since Im a college student, and bet many others on here are college students (or high school) im going to do a review of the screen in conditions people would be in normally in college. Just got the MBP tonight so this is sort of a preliminary but stay tuned here for more updates.

Disclaimer: Before getting the new MBP I strictly used matte screens and hated the glossy screens

--------Precision Aluminum Macbook Pro Glossy Screen Review Day 1--------

Just got the MBP tonight, been working on getting all my files transfered over from a clone of my old drive. My room does not have direct light where I use my laptop, only a floor standing lamp about 5 feet away, so most to all of the light in my room is not direct.

Right now im loving the glossy screen, when using it in my room I get absolutely no glare. In light situation the colors are strong and vibrant and I can see everything with no obstruction. In dark situations the screen truly shines, the screen almost outperforms my Sony XBR6, and that's a feat.

Anyways, big test tomorrow, will keep you all updated.

Thanks,
    Daniel

2. goobimama macrumors regular

This is awesome! Looking forward to the rest of the review. Do post pictures and give us some opinions on passers-by as well.

3. Kane.Elson macrumors regular

Will be good to hear about what it's like from the point of view of a college student. I don't think there will be many issue lights in my lecture theatres etc...
    Moving from a matte thinkpad I am interested to hear about use outside. The matte screen on this thinkpad is completely useless outside even when under a tree... I know there will be more reflections with the glossy but hopefully I can actually read the screen instead of have the light diffused everywhere like with the matte.

4. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Some of you people need to chill out about the glossy screen. It really is nothing to worry about.

PS: I use my new glossy MacBook in University just fine.