MacBook Pro (late 2008) loose battery replacement!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by loganpyle, Nov 3, 2008.

1. loganpyle macrumors member

So I called Apple this morning to complain about my loose battery cover. Since ya know, after paying $2500 for a computer I'd like for it to be about as close to perfect as possible. They said they've had tons of these complaints lately, duh. But, I have to wait for them to send me a box to send mine back in, and then wait for my new MBP. I'm really hoping they don't send me back one with one of the other numerous problems people seem to be having (left fan blade, crooked keys, etc.). It's kind of sucky because I start classes next thursday and I absolutely HAVE to have my mac, so it would've been nice if they could send me my new one BEFORE I send mine back or something. Cross your fingers for me ;)

If anyone else is as much of a perfectionist as me, just call Apple and tell them, and you should get a new one stat :)

2. Star-fire macrumors 6502

Yup they swapped mine out at the store no problems.

3. loganpyle thread starter macrumors member

4. twynne macrumors 6502a

They will. Just tell them you can't be without your machine when you phone. They'll make you sign a waiver first and provide card details in case you don't send one back, then they'll ship you the replacement and you have 5 days from date of receipt to ship one back to them. :D

5. MacAdmin macrumors member

I took mine into the applestore and they just swapped out the cover for one of the display models that didnt exhibit the problem. I was glad to not get a total replacement as the rest of the machine is flawless.

6. nitewolfgtr macrumors regular

nitewolfgtr

Sucks this happened to you. If you need a replacement ASAP, I would just take it into a Apple Retail store. They can typically replace it on spot unless it's a BTO MBP.

Apple Retail store will service any MacBooks regardless of where you bought it as long as the warranty is still active.

7. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

For heaven's sake people, just give the tabs on the back of the cover a little push outward! This is a 2 minute toolless fix, and is NOT worth RMA-ing over!

8. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Not really sure what you mean. I just tried messing with the tabs on the underside of my battery cover, but had no luck on resolving the looseness. I guess my piece of scotch tape will have to work for now. :rolleyes:

9. loganpyle thread starter macrumors member

Oh how I tried. I talked to THREE different representatives, all of them truly saddened that there is nothing they could do haha. I may try to just go down to an Apple store this weekend and get a new battery cover. The rest of my MBP is flawless, so I'd rather not get a new one with some different, more serious problem that so many people are dealing with.

10. Star-fire macrumors 6502

I tried myself to adjust the tabs on mine and it did nothing, trust me not all of them are fixed by the tabs.