Macbook Pro Late 2008 not charging (Fixed!!!)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikewired, May 27, 2013.

1. mikewired macrumors member

I have a late 2008 MBP that occasionally would not charge. The charger had a faint green light. If I left it alone it may in a few days it would start working. This time it would not start charging again. I went to best buy and bought a new charger, still not working!!! I read several posts about the magsafe board being bad. I did read one post about pulling and reseating the ram modules. I pulled my ram, put them back in and it staring working immediately! Who knows why but after resetting pram and every other reset from Apple, still didnt work but pulling ran did.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Resetting the SMC may have helped, but PRAM/NVRAM has nothing to do with battery/power/charging issues. Resetting it would not help.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. mikewired thread starter macrumors member

4. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

I remember reading about a similar issue where the people reporting it and managed to fix it swore that loosening the screws located in the vicinity of the RAM modules fixed the problem. Something to do with long-term temperature fluctuations of the board causing some very, very minor warping, but enough to possibly cause issues with the RAM slots.

No idea if it's true or not, but something to think about at any rate.