MacBook Pro (Late 2011, 13") beeps in deep sleep.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 128keaton, Aug 26, 2015.

1. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

Hello. I made a post about this a while back with the exact same issue. Its recently gotten worse, I've put it to sleep and after a bit, it just beeps, three times. I have a 128GB Samsung SSD, 6GB of RAM, and the 2.4GHz i5. It does the same thing in Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, and El Capitan. My memory is good, according to memtest. I am at my wits end, I really don't want to have to fall back to my 2008.

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

How is the behavior worse now (compared to what you had before)?
    Approximately how long is "after a bit"? Is the interval from "Sleep" to "beeps" about the same each time?
    Do you only get the 3 beeps once, or does it repeat until you do something else?

Is there ANY report in your Console system logs reflecting the approximate time of the beeps (note the exact time you next hear the beeps)? I'm not sure if the system will report anything, but the hardware is doing _something_, so maybe some action gets recorded in the logs. Worth checking, I think.

One more thought - is your battery showing any issues in the Power section of your System Information? That is one item that would deteriorate over time. Maybe it's causing some issue with your system hardware...

3. 128keaton thread starter macrumors 68020

128keaton

It's doing it more often than it used to (once a week) now it's happening three times a day. I think it happens after an hour or more. It's random from what I can tell. I'll see if I can record it next time. It just keeps beeping three beeps until I hold down the power button. I'll check the logs and my battery.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Three beeps during sleep indicates a corrupt sleep image which is usually a ram issue.

1, check your ram is seated correctly (remove and put back in)

2, if you've added ram (looks like you have) put it back to original and see if the issue persisted.

3, you can disable the write to ram and get the Mac the system go straight into a deep sleep so the files not stored in ram but on the drive. With an ssd in place you won't notice much difference in resume times.