Macbook Pro late 2011 High-res - IPS?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jmwan, Dec 23, 2011.

1. jmwan Guest

Hi,
    i'm new to this forum. Not sure if anybody know the answer but anyway here it is:

I want to buy the new (Late 2011) Macbook pro 15" with glossy high-res screen. I've read in a lot of other forums that Macbook pros have TN panels but I couldn't any reference to the high-res screens. Are they also TN panels?

Also, is there anybody who has used a Macbook Pro with a TN panel next to another monitor that is IPS? Is there a noticeable difference? The reason I ask if because if the MBP are TN, they colors still look much better than most, if not all other laptops.

Any info on that?

thanks.
    JMW

2. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

Nope, it's not IPS, although quite a few people here wish it was. :)

I use my 15" MacBook Pro side by side with a LED Cinema Display 27" basically identical to thunderbolt) which if I remember correctly is IPS. I don't really notice a difference in day to day use, however when editing photos the colors are a bit different. This is probably because I can't find a calibrated profile that I like.

3. Spadoinkles macrumors regular

I frequently work with some Dell U2711 and 3011s, and quite occasionally with an ACD. I might not have it at home, but when that happens, my 15" becomes my tool palette and the IPS displays become my "display". It's hard to tell really because the quality of the screen on my MBP is already quite immaculate, and even harder to tell on an untrained human eye.

4. Wattser93 macrumors regular

Hopefully with the rumored HDPI screens, we can get IPS also. Doubtful, but here's to hope. :D