Macbook pro late 2011 ram help- unexpected interupt halting

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ceet12, May 15, 2012.

1. ceet12 macrumors newbie

Hello

i have recently installed 16gb corsair macbook memory

however i have noticed a few unstable instances on the mac since installing, a couple of application crashes etc, which were not there before installing new memory, the only other update has been osx 10.4 it could be either, or i could be being paranoid?

however i have tried to test ram on memtest and memtest 86+

to which on booting to memtest both version it doesnt even start
    i get the error unexpected interupt - halting

however i have used the apple hardware test on four occasions and it did pass

id prefer an indepth app to test the memory i have tried rember and it passed fine with this, but again id like to be able to use a detailed program like memtest to test all ram not just available (like rember does), or maybe if someone nows how to get memtest running?

is this a cause for concern?

Regards

2. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

If you're running OSX 10.4 on a 2011 Macbook pro, you've got bigger problems...

3. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

4. ceet12, May 15, 2012
    Last edited: May 15, 2012

ceet12 thread starter macrumors newbie

hello, im a total newbiew with macs, what do you mean it simply advised me to update when clicking the apple logo and when i check about this mac, it says 10.7.4?
    im in the uk if this means anything

mbp is a late 2011 model bought last month

5. ceet12 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

Re-read your original post, you said 10.4 which is very different from 10.7.4

7. ceet12 thread starter macrumors newbie

hahah thanks very much mike!!
    I'm sorry about confusion, thanks again for the help

also if i was to use internet recovery to reinstall osx would it reinstall my factory setting of osx 10.7.3 or would it automatically download the newest version of 10.7.4?

as since installing the 10.7.4 from the apple logo menu it has updated safari as well,

which I'm having problems with web pages not displaying etc, the mbp is a month old, and i ve had no problems since the update of osx/safri and the ram change

anyone no any good ram testing tools, and can anyone confirm if there having problems with memtest and ram on late 2011 mbp?

Thanks again and sorry for the confusion!

8. wendyjo17 macrumors newbie

ceet12 ..
    have you resolved your issues ?
    i have the same machine .. also purchased in april 2012 and ram you have (2 8gig sticks from corsair)
    .. i have had the ram replaced twice now and still get random kernel panics and the ram tests i have done run clean..
    i am beyond frustrated, but am finding solace in the potential that I am not the only one ..

9. ceet12 thread starter macrumors newbie

hi wnedyjo

sorry about the late rteply

if you dont minsd me asking what were you using to test your ram,??

every time i ran memetest and memtest86 it wouldnt work atall

ive been unable to test ram succesfully, so im not sure, the system seems stable tho tbh up and down

mmetest and memtest 86 do not work crash on starting!

any help appreciated!

cheers