Macbook Pro late 2011 refresh

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mdcuk, Oct 13, 2011.

  1. mdcuk macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2011
    #1
    What does every one think, will apple silently update there macbook pro range soon, should i wait or buy now?

    Also main befits of an i7 in a 13" as i cant deside between the i5 and i7.:cool:

    Cheers for the replys ;)

    mdcuk :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:
     
  2. nicklad macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2007
    Location:
    Nottingham, UK
    #2
    If anything, they'll get a bump in processor speed. Ivy Bridge based MBPs won't arrive until next year.
     
  3. Naimfan macrumors 68040

    Naimfan

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2003
    #3
    If you need it now, buy it now.

    The "silent" updates people have talked about haven't happened in the past--with the i5/i7 lineup before Sandy Bridge, all that happened was a 2.8 GHz i7 was added as a BTO option. There were no other changes, and it seems highly unlikely that the MBPs will be changed at all prior to the holiday season.
     
  4. MathiasVH macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2009
    #4
    I've got the 2.3gHz i5 13".

    If the new 13" has a higher resolution and quad-core, I'm buying it. And I actually don't think that this is an unthinkable update, even as a "silent" one!
     
  5. swedefish, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

    swedefish macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2008
    #5
    I will be annoyed if the update comes out within the next few weeks as I just ordered my new MBP 15" Anti-glare yesterday. :/
     
  6. macagain macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2002
    #6
    umm... perhaps you might want to consider canceling the order them :)
     
  7. swedefish macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2008
    #7
    Nah, I need a new laptop asap, but it's a bit worrying that that my order has been "processing" for two days; first time an Apple Store order has been that slow for me.
     
  8. Liquinn Suspended

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2011
    #8
    Well, if you always want the latest and greatest, you're never going to be happy :p
     
  9. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

    mrsir2009

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2009
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    #9
    I'm guessing they'll do a spec bump soon, like, later this year, and a redesign + new processor + no optical drive sometime in 2012.
     
  10. zebualvi macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2009
    #10
    I got a refurbished high-end MBP 15 on 11th oct. Read about new laptops coming by the end of this month so should i return my laptop and get the new one or keep this and then wait for next year model (refurbished ofcourse). I personally think that i should save the money and get faster hdd and 8 gb ram. What do u guys think? I need this model for 3d animation, video editing and post processing, photoshop etc so having a faster cpu matters but so does faster hdd and 8 gb ram.
     
  11. some idiot macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2011
    #11
    your high-end laptop should be more than enough for what you need. a small bump in processor speed isn't likely to make a huge enough difference to warrant the hassle. 8gb of RAM and a faster HDD is probably worth it.
     
  12. sfoalex macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2001
    Location:
    Earth, no seriously.
    #12
    I was about to place an order for a new MBP. I'll wait. I'd like to see it slim down the weight, get rid of the optical, and boost performance. That would be a very good thing.
     
  13. Quinoky macrumors regular

    Quinoky

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2011
    Location:
    Groningen, Netherlands
    #13
    Then prepare to wait for at least another six months, I suppose.
     
  14. Naimfan macrumors 68040

    Naimfan

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2003
    #14
    I'm sorry, that's just funny. What you're saying is that the current MBPs are too heavy, too big, and too slow. Many words come to mind, but "absurd" seems appropriate . . .
     
  15. Liquinn Suspended

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2011
    #15
    Who would buy these speed bumps when Ivy Bridge will be out in 5-6 months?
     
  16. swedefish macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2008
    #16
    I will buy even without the rumored speed bump (ordered mine a few days ago). Why? Because I need one now.
     
  17. oxfordguy macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2008
    Location:
    Oxford, England
    #17
  18. warvanov macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2011
    #18
    Somebody who's currently using a 1st gen Mac mini (circa 2005) and desperately needs something newer and better.

    <= This guy.
     
  19. oxfordguy macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2008
    Location:
    Oxford, England
    #19
    Also someone whose MBP has just died...
     

Share This Page