Macbook Pro Late 2011 Running OS X Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hector09, Feb 25, 2013.

1. hector09 macrumors newbie

Well hello its been a week i believe sense i made an update to my macbook pro that the it said it needed every time i go in it i click on search for upgrade on it so it found one when i click on it everything goes ok it tells me that i need to restart it but instead i turn it off cause i needed to go to bed anyways the next morning i turn it on and its on the booting part where apple logo appears well it starts filling a bar then it shuts down and when i turn it on again it does the same it just loops to that part where its filling up the bar with a spinning wheel ill post a picture later but do u guys know how to fix this?

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

What update did you interrupt ? If it was a firmware update that could cause some problems.
    Try booting into the recovery mode, boot while holding command-R and see what happens.

3. hector09, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013

hector09 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it was a firmware update i belive it had something to do with mountain lion

I was able to get passed the filling bar process but now its stuck at the spinning wheel

And yes i can go to recovery altho i was thinking of reinstallig mountain lion through there but the thing is that i didnt pay for my mountain lion idk if i click reinstall with charge me and i dont have money

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I am not sure. You would need to know the Apple ID/Password of the person who you got the install from I would think.

5. AppleMacFinder macrumors 6502a

AppleMacFinder

How much RAM there was inside MBP before Mountain Lion installation?
    Sometimes, you need to put your original RAM, install OS, and then put back the upgraded RAM
    (I have encountered the case when I had to do it)

Anyway, clean install would have been a better choice.

6. hector09 thread starter macrumors newbie

i have 16GB on it

----------

it didnt ask me to put no apple id it just said verification thing then it finished and it told me to accept the agreement but thats where i stopped idk what to do lol