MacBook Pro late 2011 Windows 7 problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DEATHCON51, Jan 5, 2013.

1. DEATHCON51 macrumors newbie

I just got Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro works pretty good, but it for some reason doesn't want to connect to the Internet. I have Internet, it just chooses not to work lol. Please help ASAP. :D

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

It might be a security feature (you'll have to "enable" internet). You didn't state whether bootcamp or VMware Fusion (or something like that), but I do believe they have security features where you have to explicitly enable internet on your virtual machine.

3. DEATHCON51 thread starter macrumors newbie

I had used boot camp to make is. And where would I enable that feature?

4. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

I'm not sure. I don't have my MacBook Pro yet, and I've never really used bootcamp on my previous Mac(s). I'd assume, if it IS bootcamp, that you can find it in the settings for bootcamp. A Google search might not be a bad idea, either (search "no internet on windows 7 bootcamp").

5. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Start→Control Panel→Network and Internet→ Network and sharing center

Manage Wireless Network→Manually Create a Network profile→Add

Just fill it in and you're done.

Nothing to do with security.

6. DEATHCON51 thread starter macrumors newbie

That didn't help me. I Che kekd my drivers and my Internet/network ones aren't installed, how do I install them without an Apple disk (because mine never came with one).

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Download the latest bootcamp exe from Apple. It should have asked to do this when you installed bootcamp.

8. DEATHCON51 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am currently downloading that, but when I first opened Bootcamp it asked me to install windows 7 and important updates. I didn't do the important updates because it could never save. Should I have done that? :3

----------

If I should have, how do I get it to stop stopping and actually get it to save?