MacBook Pro (Late 2013) randomly freezes and reboots

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NICKXXXXXX, Oct 12, 2014.

1. NICKXXXXXX macrumors regular

Hello! So i've been having this problem for a while now. It doesn't happen everyday but when it happens it so annoying. I'll just be doing whatever on the computer and it just freezes and restarts. I'm not moving the computer or anything. It's the 15 inch retina with 16gb ram and 512gb flashdrive. I have insurance but idk what they can do since it happens so randomly. You can't predict it in any way.

I've been thinking it may be a problem with the os? Is there perhaps a crash log on the mac I can find to see how often it has happened? I wanna sell my macbook and buy the iMac. I don't think it would be right to sell my computer to someone when it does that.

2. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

Sounds like a RAM issue; I had random crashes too and discovered it was bad RAM. Use Memtest86 and/or Apple Hardware Test to see.
    Because your RAM is permanently soldered to the logic board, you need to replace logic board.

3. NICKXXXXXX thread starter macrumors regular

I went on memtest but it seems like you must burn the stuff on a cd? My computer doesn't have a cd drive and i don't have a usb stick. Is there something I can use that just runs like any other application ?

4. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

Use Apple Hardware Test
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1509
    Do the extensive testing.

5. NICKXXXXXX thread starter macrumors regular

I was going to do it now and guess what happened. As I pressed shutdown it said that my computer restarted because of a problem lol.

----------

No issues found