MacBook PRO Late 2013 S.M.A.R.T. problem

Paraelement

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2018
Hi,
I have rMBP late 2013. When trying to install OS Mojave system shows me information that ssd disk reports s.m.a.r.t. error and I can't use to install system. I have erased partition but it didn't help. I tried to install oryginal (Maverick) system and get same information.

Windows 10 runs perfectly and doesn't report any errors. Until yesterday Mac OS High Sierra also worked properly.

I have 1TB disk and want same or larger capacity. Is there any way to disable s.m.a.r.t.? Or maybe working solution to replace this disk with third party disk?

Thanks in advance for help.

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
I'm having the same issue on the same computer, 2013 MBP. I'm not very technical and have no idea how to do what JMVB said. I don't have another Mac?

Can't install Mojave. Any solution to this?

maclady62

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2018
Florida
I'm having the same issue on the same computer, 2013 MBP. I'm not very technical and have no idea how to do what JMVB said. I don't have another Mac?

Can't install Mojave. Any solution to this?
[doublepost=1542343581][/doublepost]I just got a new Mac book air. I have an early 2013 Mac book pro running El Capitan. I'm thinking of upgrading the pro but am afraid if won't work well. How does it work for anyone of of you who've tried it?