Macbook pro late 2014

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mikebai5, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Mikebai5 macrumors newbie

2. sdimas macrumors member

I think there are just some things that should be left for tablets and phones. The more little gimmicks that Apple puts in their Macbooks, the more problems users will have with the additional components.

3. HipsterGG macrumors member

HipsterGG

So..

There will be a new rMBP released? You sir had my attention, but now you have my curiosity.

4. ProVideo macrumors 6502

Not a killer app for me by any means at this point. Although it would be nice to not have to worry about co-workers and others looking over your shoulder when putting in passwords. I think TouchID is better suited for mobile devices that are used more often and possibly while driving. In 5-10 years, we will likely look at all devices and software that rely solely on passwords as an inconvenience.

5. Mikebai5 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't call it a gimmick feature, I want to login to my mac with just my fingerprint, I want to assign special permission for certain information and folders that I can have access by only fingerprint. When I want to make a purchase online, I want to be so easy that with my touchID I will have access to my stored credit cards so I won't need to refill all information.
    For me, for my need macbook pro with touchID makes the perfect sense. If that happen next update, im totally sold.

6. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

There have been only a couple of Windows laptop manufacturers that offered a fingerprint scanner as an option. It wasn't well received, and a lot of people had problems getting it to work right.

Apple's touch ID technology might work, but I don't think it's high on their list of "must add" features.

7. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

No.

8. mac8867 macrumors 6502

Maybe.

9. Striker-UMB macrumors regular

Very doubtful Apple likes to keep there MacBook line very clean and slick. The only way I could see Apple adding touch ID to the MacBook line would be to incorporate it into the track pad itself, and I'm sure that technology is years away.

10. pragmatous macrumors 65816

Nobody knows anything about the next macbook pro. I think the only certainty someone can make is that it will probably have the broadway processor.