Macbook Pro Late-2016 (13" vs 15")

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aeronatis, Nov 9, 2016.

1. aeronatis, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016

aeronatis macrumors newbie

aeronatis

Dear all,

I hope everyone is doing well. I need an advice for buying the Macbook Pro 13" or 15".

I live in Turkey and prices can easily increase as soon as exchange rates are updated, and it keeps increasing in Dollar's favour, which means computer prices increase dramatically every year in my country. For this reason, I actually want to get the higher machine and use it for a longer time.

In my country
    13" Macbook Pro is around $2100 (Dual Core CPU, Intel Iris 550, 8 GB RAM)
    15" Macbook Pro is around $2700 (Quad Core CPU, AMD Radeon Pro 450, 16 GB RAM)

Price difference seems huge but the hardware difference seem to be huge as well in my opiniion. Since it will be my primary computer (sold my desktop PC with i5-2500K last year), I tend to choose 15".

My weekly use of computer:
    Hours of Web Browsing (researching & article reading about aeronautics, computer hardware and fitness)
    Spreadsheet Calculations and Graphs (Excel)
    Casual Photo & Video Editing (iMovie, Handbrake, Pixelmator)
    Video & Music Streaming (Netflix, Youtube, Spotify)
    Video Calls (Facetime, Skype, Hangouts)

I sometimes intend to play games as I was a PC user, mostly playing iOS games but may think of some Diablo 3 or Assassin's Creed 2, Shadow of Mordor if I get the 15". It definetely wouldn't be an issue if I get the 13" and cannot play the games.

Thank you so much for your time and opinions in advance.

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

3. mercedes27 macrumors member

For you usage is 13" more than enough. Just depends whether the size of the screen is ok for you.
    I would recommend 15" for different type of usage.