Macbook Pro late 8 freeze

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by giannisber, Mar 22, 2015.

1. giannisber macrumors newbie

Hello guys.i searched everything and i can't find anywhere an answer.I have a Mbp late 8 with lion and latest updates installed.I never had any problems and it is used for music from 2011 to now and never had a single issue.But previus monday it froze while i was at work.I made a clean install and i only install traktor and my music and mozilla.And yesterday it froze again and it needed to close from the power button as the other time.My battery health is from replace now to replace soon i tried smc reset like 5000 times and i also have one error as smart utility shows me.Is my hardrive falling?Or something else?I dont know what to do i put sme screens to see.Please is someone could help i would apreciate it.Thank you very much

Attached Files:

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

What the hell is 'late 8'?

3. giannisber thread starter macrumors newbie

Late 2008!Do you see any problem at the console report?I dont understand anything :(

4. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Well since it's a late-'08 MBP, I assume it's a NVIDIAgate-affected Mac, and that the GPU has failed on you.

5. giannisber thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the answer.Is there any way to check this out?It s the model with 2 graphic cards.One nvidia 9400 and one 9600gt.The first time it crashed it was at 9600gt with the power management settings set to high performance.This saturday also froze and it was at 9400 and better battery life.Can i check my ram or hdd if has a failure?because i think that the problem is or my hdd or my rams.And i cant run Apple Hardware Test because i don't have the cds. :(