MacBook Pro Lawsuit?

pacman7331

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
177
0
I think I may have one here guys...

MACBOOK PRO

• CPU Whining : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303365
• hazardous over-heating: http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/01/macbook-pros-overheating-due-to-thermal-grease/http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/01/macbook-pros-overheating-due-to-thermal-grease/
• Poor thermal paste application : http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2006/05/23/thermal-paste-question.html
• Melting power adapters : http://www.flickr.com/photos/rheauchyr/sets/72057594082940769/
• the fame itself is falling apart to where it will no longer read DVDs... (mine included) : http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=540419&tstart=0

This is enough to get the Attorney General's attention... I wonder if it is enough to get Apple's attention... hm..?

What do I want??? I just want a Macbook Pro that has all of these flaws remedied. If this current MBP turns out to need repair this is going to become a lawsuit. On behalf of whatever state is applicable.

Just letting ya'll know who may pobably sitting at home depressed because you can't afford a MBP... well I saved all my cash and got one and inherited a whole **** load of bad design flaws!

So... just don't go buy one untill they fix these problems... and i'm sure it won't be any time soon either...
 

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
4,940
0
Dress Rosa
You have no case if Apple offers to fix it. You can refuse to have it fixed and then in court the judge would ask you why you didn't get it fixed by Apple then dismiss the case.
 

ckeck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
710
60
Texas
Sorry to hear you are having trouble, but the problems aren't as bad as they seem I don't think.

I know quite a few people who have MBPs as well as myself, and I got mine in March...been the best Mac I've had by far!
 

pacman7331

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
177
0
7on said:
You have no case if Apple offers to fix it. You can refuse to have it fixed and then in court the judge would ask you why you didn't get it fixed by Apple then dismiss the case.
Perhaps not... but if it is fixed and then 2 months later the same problems appear...

It would just be nice if these problems never afflicted the MBP again... the best way for a small guy to get a big Corporation's attention is the Judicial system. But of course, I would have to have a real case to submit...
 

JBot

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2006
272
1
Calgary.Alberta.Canada
ckeck said:
Sorry to hear you are having trouble, but the problems aren't as bad as they seem I don't think.

I know quite a few people who have MBPs as well as myself, and I got mine in March...been the best Mac I've had by far!
That doesnt matter at all.
His isnt 'the best Mac I've had by far!'
I apologize, im just getting so sick of hearing that. Its a known fact that there are many 'bad apples' in the production thus far. He is talking about one (of many) bad apples.

no pun intended.
 

cw2k

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2006
24
0
pacman7331 said:
The Mac Book Pro service manual even instructs the apple assemblers that they should apply the thermal paste as a large blob. It looks like apple have learnt how to apply paste now as the new Mac Pro service manual says that a thin even layer of thermal paste should be used and that it shouldn't leak over the edge of the cpu.
 

plinden

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2004
3,968
3
pacman7331 said:
If this current MBP turns out to need repair this is going to become a lawsuit. On behalf of whatever state is applicable.
So, your current MBP is ok then?
 

sasquatch98

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2006
13
0
Your and IDIOT. People like you are the reason why prices are so inflated. Did you have all of those issues with your MBP? Did you send it back to apple for repair?
 

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
12,255
1,333
pacman7331 said:
What do I want??? I just want a Macbook Pro that has all of these flaws remedied. If this current MBP turns out to need repair this is going to become a lawsuit. On behalf of whatever state is applicable.
I'm still not tracking how a lawsuit is going to land you with a working MacBook Pro.

You make it sound like Apple has a secret batch of "guaranteed 100% perfect" MacBook Pros hidden somewhere that they only give out to people who are really pissed off after buying the normally botched ones that Apple sends out for retail sale.

If your MacBook has problems, Apple will repair it. Free, even. For a whole year.
 

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
19,239
4
pacman7331 said:
Perhaps not... but if it is fixed and then 2 months later the same problems appear...

It would just be nice if these problems never afflicted the MBP again... the best way for a small guy to get a big Corporation's attention is the Judicial system. But of course, I would have to have a real case to submit...
if the same problems persist you're covered by the "lemon law" and you'll get a replacement.

yes it would be nice if no one ever had any problems with anything they bought. but we're far from perfection and Utopia. this is life.
 

sasquatch98

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2006
13
0
Sorry I've been at work for 24 hours. Corrected statement " Your an IDIOT" hope everyone is happy now.
 

iPC

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2003
384
0
East Windsor, CT
As long as people go out and buy the 1st version of new hardware in droves Apple will continue with their beta-like production issues on their 1st version of new hardware.

Besides Apple is more of a music related company than a computer company now anyway. :rolleyes: