Macbook Pro LCD Screen replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pamani, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Pamani macrumors regular

Pamani

So I have a 15" MBP with a cracked screen. when its powered on the screen is lit, but nothing on the screen is showing. I bought a replacement screen. I took the MBP apart carefully and installed the new screen. its all put back together, I power it up and the screen stays off. I know the MBP is on because I plugged it in to an external monitor. I took it apart again to make sure I didn't have any loose connectors. Put it all back together and same thing. Does anyone have any ideas. thanks.

2. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

TBH, I wouldn't have done it myself.:eek: I think something got disconnected or screwed up in there.:(

3. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

My first guess is that the LCD panel is dead (obviously). Also, you might have ordered the wrong LCD for your laptop (they are very specific, even though the connectors are the same). I would contact whomever you bought it from, and ask some questions about it.

4. Pamani thread starter macrumors regular

Pamani

yeah, normally i would have paid someone to do it, but it seemed pretty simple... ha guess not.

yeah that was my plan for the morning... i hope i can exchange it.

5. Pamani thread starter macrumors regular

Pamani

i got another screen, plugged it in and it works. yaay! seems that the first one i received had a bad backlight.