Macbook Pro+LED Apple Display+Cintiq 12WX Help needed!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EGOBOY, Sep 12, 2010.

1. EGOBOY macrumors newbie

I am looking to connect my Macbook Pro, LED Apple Display and Cintiq 12WX together and to all run at the same time. I haven't a clue when it comes to hardware. If it isn't plug and play i'm clueless. Anyone know how this will be possible?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

How do you connect Cintiq 12WX to your Mac (I know, I'm clueless)? I'm assuming you connect it via DVI, VGA or HDMI so in this case, you need an USB video adapter as the LED display is taking the MiniDP

3. EGOBOY thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not too sure how i will need to connect it yet because i haven't had it delivered yet, but i know i'm gonna have problems because as you say, my display is taking up all the ports. I think that might do the trick though!

Anyone else got any suggestions?

4. EGOBOY thread starter macrumors newbie

My Cintiq just came and i now know i have to get a mini displayport to DVI cable even if i wanted to connect my macbook to my Cintiq.

However, now i need to find another adapter to double my mini display port so i can connect my LED display and Cintiq

Suggestions?

(Also, will my Mac automatically pick up tri-screening like it does duel-screening?)

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

See the link to the USB video adapter in my post above. DisplayPort or other video splitters tend to cost more, for example Matrox DualHead

6. EGOBOY thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

8. EGOBOY thread starter macrumors newbie

This is getting annoying now. Very annoying even. I just got the adapter and connected it all up. Inserted the mini cd into my macbook pro and it got stuck inside. Great, anyone know how to get that out?

To add insult o injury, i still can't use my wacom cintiq as a third monitor because it isn't picking up the dvi to usb. I can't find any software either

Help! hahaha

9. rirawin macrumors regular

Can anyone tell me if these usb devices work?. So the theory is I plug usb into vaio laptop, then usb to dvi to cintiq correct?. Then it should work?.

10. rirawin macrumors regular

Can anyone tell me if these usb devices work?. So the theory is I plug usb into vaio laptop, then usb to dvi to cintiq correct?. Then it should work?.

11. rirawin macrumors regular

Also if I use the usb device specifically for my Cintiq is there going to be a lag, since I use my HDMI port for gaming.