Macbook Pro Left-Hinge Gap Help!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shannonjor, Jun 22, 2011.

1. shannonjor macrumors newbie

Is it normal for most macbook pros to have a slight gap on the left- hinge between the black part and silver. The right side is fine and the hinge is continuous with the aluminum body whereas the left side hinge is not. Also, I have noticed when picking up my macbook an occaisional pop or click noise coming from the bottom. Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated!! (P.S. I have only had my 13 inch macbook pro for nearly 2 weeks)

Not Normal Left-Side Hinge (Gap)
    file:///Users/shannonjor/Desktop/DSC_0730.jpeg

Normal Right Side Hinge (no gap)
    file:///Users/shannonjor/Desktop/DSC_0732.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

They're all like that. The noise is probably the sudden motion sensor.

3. celticpride678

My Mac also has that gap. The noise is likely the sudden motion sensor locking the hard drive in place. Perfectly normal.

4. King Apple macrumors regular

King Apple

5. Kuray macrumors regular

I had this problem in my Mid2009 MBP. But the gap was bigger than yours. Like 3cm.

I am having WiFi problem too, and whilemI was backing up my files, a vertical line in screen had flicker issue.

I went to the Genius Bar and she said me that this problem is seen most of Mid2009 MBPs so that will be under warranty (P.S: I dont have AppleCare and I bought it at June 09)

She said me because of AirPort card is located at screnn, maybe cables get cut or disconnected.

They will take care of screen for free, if AirPort issue solved, totally free.
    If AirPort issue doesnt resolve, I will pay around $70