Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spearsr7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2015
I finally got my new 2016 MBP last week and today after ONE test with Premiere it's completely dead. The system doesn't seem to boot, or if it does the display isn't coming on. I can manage to get it to come on once every hour or so but then it just dies again. Battery is charged. Have tried both plugged and unplugged. I believe the GPU or motherboard is a lemon. I was happy overall despite the mixed reviews I've seen, but after this I'm so completely disappointed. Right now I'm hoping for a full replacement but because I got a made to order model, I'm sure it's going to be weeks before I can get a new one. Have been happy with the apple ecosystem for years but after this and after seeing some new PC alternatives coming out of CES, I'm not sure I see much of a future on Mac.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

mklnz

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2007
Auckland, New Zealand
Maybe get an app that shows temperature stats and check whether the thing is overheating? In any case you might want to contact Apple or take it in store.

skids929

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
I've seen others report similar issues...Kind of a buzzkill but just return it and get another one. Probably got a bad one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.