Macbook Pro Leopard Graphics!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RustyAlex, Oct 20, 2008.

1. RustyAlex macrumors newbie

Hi. Late in 2007 I purchased a Macbook Pro 2.4 ghz, 2gb Ram, 15.4" screen laptop. The computer came stock with Leopard. Immediately after purchase I noticed the poor graphical performance of the laptop and researched a fair amount on the issue. I found that when playing games, and doing graphic intensive operations, the computer was very fast and very good to use. However simple desktop graphics and animations remain choppy and laggy. Things such as the :
    • Dock Magnification
    • Moving Windows Around!!!
    • Expose & Spaces
    • Minimizing and expanding applications
    All remained choppy. At first I thought that these problems were one of the 8600gtm graphic drivers and I assumed Apple would get the problem ironed out by 10.5.2. Well we are know at 10.5.5 and the graphics and animations still have not improved from the silky smoothness of tiger. Surely with 256mb of V-Ram I should be able to get smooth animations. I am now also aware that some of the graphic cards have been found to be faulty and I am not sure if my laptop has a problem or not. I completed the Apple Hardware Test with no problems either...

Thank you in advance, and please respond with any help or tell me if you are experiencing similair issues....

2. prism macrumors 6502a

You can blame apple for poor coding, version 2.0 and above of the iphone software suffers from the same issues!

3. RustyAlex thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there any way we can contact apple about these problems? or do we just have to wait and hope that they figure things out... :confused:

4. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

I have a friend with the same model macbook pro and I noticed the same thing when playing with his. Hell even my old powerbook was smooth as butter with everything except the 3d dock. The new macbook pro is fine though, as are every macbook I've ever used.

In the end it doesn't really matter its just some animations, but its still ugly to look at I admit.

5. sk47 macrumors member

Hardly doubt it's a hardware problem... I mean how can it be logically? lol

Most likely leopard isn't optimized for the new systems yet.