Macbook Pro Leopard Screen yellowish ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ikm19, Jun 26, 2008.

1. ikm19 macrumors 6502

ikm19

I the latest 15" Macbook Pro and lots of mine friends says mine screen look yellowish more. I couldn't believe myself when i personally test with boot camp and install windows and use the same wallpaper i use in leopard. The wallpaper on leopard look more yellowish ratter the same macbook and the same wallpaper in windows. I have never calibrate mine Display profile nor i have changed any setting with it.

Do you any guys have this problem. Is there any way i can fix it. I did read the thread while ago about Color profile.

I have 00009C81 Model Color screen and its glossy.

Any Fixes ?

I have attached the wallpaper for reference

Attached Files:

2. lordthistle macrumors 6502

Yes.

A plenty of MBP screens are yellowish. You are not unlucky.

My Penryn MBP had an AUO screen and was very yellowish.
    Now it has a Samsung screen. Even if it is not as yellowish as the previous one, b/w pictures look much better in every other screen, including the MB's one.

The problem is that they are not yellowish on their entire surface, but only in the bottom part. A good calibration is thus not even thinkable.

But mac zealots will tell you that you can calibrate it and enjoy your iTunes arts.

thistle

3. ikm19 thread starter macrumors 6502

ikm19

But why do i get clear white display in windows and yellowish in OS X ? I am talking about same laptop..

4. lordthistle macrumors 6502

Then may be you have only to calibrate the screen under Mac OS. You have an utility for doing that. If your screen is yellowish over the entire surface, your problem is very easy to solve. I thought that you had already done that.

thistle

5. pufftissue macrumors regular

Hi, this is a known issue with the macbook pro screens.
    It has been discussed in many threads before (I'm not scolding you), and I say this because it drove me nuts!
    LG screens are the ones that do not really have a yellow tint problem, but it's luck of the draw.