MacBook Pro Less Stable Since Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mr whodeeknee, Mar 10, 2008.

1. mr whodeeknee macrumors newbie

Since I got the OS upgrade, my system's stability has gone to hell and my desktop freezes whenever I have multiple apps open and have lots of tabs going in Firefox. The new update didn't do anything to help things. Just this morning I had a system freeze that ended in my laptop screen fading to white, which was really weird and kinda freaky.

Anyone else having problems with Leopard? And do any Mac experts out there suspect my problems might have something to do with my system settings/what-have-you, and are unrelated to the new OS?

By the way, this past summer I added 3rd party RAM to my machine, in case that might be connected to the problem somehow. Thing is, I didn't start having system-related performance issues until I got Leopard. Would taking the laptop in to the Genius bar be a good idea?

Any advice is appreciated!

2. fab5freddy macrumors 65816

fab5freddy

i have heard many having stability issues with Leopard, a friend of mine has the screen go white just like you mentioned.
    I am still running Tiger 10.4.11, because it is the most stabile.

Maybe when 10.5.4 comes out, it will be good enough for me ; )

3. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Did you upgrade over Tiger or start 'fresh'?

I started fresh and do not experience anything of the sort.
    :apple:

4. mr whodeeknee thread starter macrumors newbie

Mindflux, I upgraded over Tiger. Who knows, maybe that's a factor, too.

edit: I forgot to mention that I only have 2GB of free space right now because of music and movie files. Again, this never causes any decline in performance when I had Tiger, though.

5. Crossbone macrumors regular

I have been told to not let the drive to have less than 21GB, if so, then the OS will go hay wire (Apple engineer told me so).

My aps crash once or twice, then i can get to work. They crashed all the time back in 10.5.1.