Macbook Pro Lid Popping Up

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CedarPoint182, Oct 27, 2007.

1. CedarPoint182 macrumors member

I just have a quick question for someone who may know a bit more than I do. I remember that usually when I pushed the latch release button on my Macbook Pro, the display lid would pop up so it was easy to open it. Now, however, when I press the release button the lid doesn't pop up at all. This makes it a little bit more annoying to open. Is this normal as time passes? Or should the display lid always pop up?

Thanks

2. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

I've had my MBP for about a year. When I press the latch release the lid pops open far enough that it doesn't catch again when I release the, um, release. ;) For lack of a better description, a one-handed person would be able to open the computer.

I'd say it's not designed to do that over time; If mine did that within the 3 years of Applecare, I'd take it in. I suggest you have Applecare look at it.

3. yashrg macrumors regular

yashrg

I had the laptop open to clean the dust collected in the fans. so I was wondering if there is something I can do about the display spring.

Anybody has any ideas about this? or successfully fixed this issue before?

4. swanseastu macrumors member

swanseastu

I wonder if you ever got this fixed?

Ive just bought a second hand MBP and mine does exactly the same....any ideas before i take it apart?

5. yashrg macrumors regular

yashrg

Ifixit has guide to change the "clutch hinge" on the MacBook pro and also replacement clutch hinges for sale. If someone has tried this I would love to hear from you.