Macbook Pro Lid Popping Up

CedarPoint182

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2006
I just have a quick question for someone who may know a bit more than I do. I remember that usually when I pushed the latch release button on my Macbook Pro, the display lid would pop up so it was easy to open it. Now, however, when I press the release button the lid doesn't pop up at all. This makes it a little bit more annoying to open. Is this normal as time passes? Or should the display lid always pop up?

Thanks

ab2650

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
I just have a quick question for someone who may know a bit more than I do. I remember that usually when I pushed the latch release button on my Macbook Pro, the display lid would pop up so it was easy to open it. Now, however, when I press the release button the lid doesn't pop up at all. This makes it a little bit more annoying to open. Is this normal as time passes? Or should the display lid always pop up?

Thanks
I've had my MBP for about a year. When I press the latch release the lid pops open far enough that it doesn't catch again when I release the, um, release. ;) For lack of a better description, a one-handed person would be able to open the computer.

I'd say it's not designed to do that over time; If mine did that within the 3 years of Applecare, I'd take it in. I suggest you have Applecare look at it.

Comment

yashrg

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2008
I had the laptop open to clean the dust collected in the fans. so I was wondering if there is something I can do about the display spring.

Anybody has any ideas about this? or successfully fixed this issue before?

Comment

yashrg

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2008
Ifixit has guide to change the "clutch hinge" on the MacBook pro and also replacement clutch hinges for sale. If someone has tried this I would love to hear from you.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.