Macbook Pro Lid Problem/Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Feng Shui, May 21, 2008.

1. Feng Shui macrumors regular

I don't know if it is designed this way, but I've noticed something about the lid of my newly purchased refurbished macbook pro. When the lid is closed, however, it is not all the way down. I can still use my fingers and apply pressure to push is down a little bit more. Basically, it'll make a small upward and downward motion. So I'm just worried that if my macbook pro ever goes into my bag, it'll be a problem. Whether it'll damage the display, keyboard, or the case, I do not know. Can any confirm if this is a problem? Thanks in advance.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's the way the computer is designed. The screen is held down my 2 hooks; to make sure the hooks stay latched, the hinge is built so it resists the closing and latching which is why you get the slight opening. Just close your display and then open it with the button without touching the top; you'll notice the screen will "spring" open.

You can get these rubber screen bumpers that will help prevent the pushing down motion, but I've tried them and they don't work as ideal as they sound.

3. Feng Shui thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you so much for replying. It was really a concern for me. Now I'm out of the misery.

4. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium