Macbook Pro lid won't shut all the way

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by andrew69camaro, Oct 10, 2008.

1. andrew69camaro macrumors newbie

This past week, I finally made the switch and bought a new Macbook Pro. Aside from a few minor annoyances, I have been more than satisfied with my machine until last night. After I shut it down, I tried to close the lid, but it wouldn't go down all the way. It would only comfortably go to within about a half-inch of the latches. I didn't want to force it for fear of damaging the screen. I have shut the lid multiple times before and did not have this problem. I'm heartbroken that my beautiful new Mac is screwed up only a week after I got it. I have not been rough with this computer, it hasn't even left my room. Does anyone have any idea what causes this, and how to fix it?

2. marvel2 macrumors 6502

If its a noticeable or significant problem, take it to the apple store and they will take care of you. No use trying to fix it yourself and risking damaging it even more.

3. macbookprofan macrumors member

I would even consider asking for a full refund and getting the new MBP in 4 days

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I would go get an exchange or a refund if you believe a new machine will come out next week.