macbook pro light leak

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slice4life, Apr 11, 2011.

1. slice4life macrumors member

Should I have this replaced?This is my 4th macbook pro and the lcd screen all looked the same I just dont want to keep sending it back.The bottom of the screen is what i'm talking about.
    I'm just wondering

Attached Files:

2. mizzoucat macrumors regular

Is that a 2011?

3. slice4life thread starter macrumors member

yes

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

If all of them are like that, what's the point of sending it back then?

5. sandylp macrumors regular

sandylp

Another person reported this same problem, and his pictures are very similar to yours. I looked through your past posts and didn't see it, so I assume it was a different person posting. This light leak shouldn't be like this, so as inconvenient as it is, I would send it back. I can't imagine you are having so many problems: scratch, dent, etc., but these should not be on a new mbp. I have never encountered any such problems, but if I ever do, I would not hesitate to call and insist on a replacement. Good Luck!

6. tobygw macrumors newbie

In this thread: people who were expecting a leaked picture of a slimmer macbook pro.

7. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Just send it back to Apple for an exchange ASAP.

Good luck. :)

8. JorgeNC macrumors newbie

I have never seen an LED backlit screen that looked that bad. Send that back. It looks like it was stepped on or something :eek: Back in the days of CFL screens, light leakage was common but still not usually that bad.

9. slice4life thread starter macrumors member

the main problem is the wavy bottom of the icd the top and side are normal

10. slith003 macrumors member

I had the same problem on my 2011 13". I got it replaced and there are no signs of light leakage. I was hesitant to get mine replaced because i didnt want to grt one that was wprse. But in the end it ended up alot better.

11. slice4life, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011

slice4life thread starter macrumors member

I know there going to replace it its a headache to deal with.this is my 4th replacement all with the same problem with the screen.

12. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

EDIT: SEND THAT SUCKER BACK!!!! They are NOT supposed to look like that whatsoever. We are talking about LED backlit LCDs which do some of the sharpest black colors of all displays...this is not plasma and that is not acceptable, especially for a high dollar unit. If multiple screens do it, request they replace the entire machine.

:eek: How'd you know? I was gettin' giddy thur for a moment :p

13. ztrafe macrumors member

My MBP 2011 screen dosen´t have any light leak what so ever. Try to get the screen replaced! :) I know it´s EDGE LED but thats just horrible.

14. Anshi macrumors newbie

15. EWDCK macrumors newbie

I've gone through TWO! Same issue as you. I have been in touch with customer service. They have been great! BUT!!!! After the two with the light leak... and the first (of 3 total) was DENTED in shipping. I've had it for a bit. This was with my CTO, 17", anti-glare screen MBP. I wonder if it's the anti-glare that's the issue? Less strong/solid? As the customer service guy told me... these should be mercedes! Top of the line, and you should not have to settle for less. I'd contact CS!!!! And let me know what they say.... we may have a movement here???????? UGH! Feel your frustration! :mad:

16. sdneidich macrumors member

I had the EXACT same problem. So I took it into an Apple Store, where they took my upgraded RAM and Hard Drive and put them into a new MacBook Pro that did not have the same issue. And that has been my machine for the last month or so.
    They told me it was a diode array, or something.

Take it in. Get it replaced. You paid a premium for your MBP, and should expect it to work.

17. slice4life, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011

slice4life thread starter macrumors member

yea I called apple and they said there going to pass this information to there Engineers.This is not the only problem that i'm having my keys are not the same brightness.I'm happy if I get a replacement that has no problem with this being my 3th with this problem.If I have to get it repaired that would suck because I always get my machine back dents and scratches

18. slice4life thread starter macrumors member

looks like I'm going to send it in for repair :( which sucks because its only a week old and it has shipped with this problem.Apple should not charged me all that money because its clearly has a defective screen.

19. rex450se macrumors regular

Is that first picture just with a solid black background? I am worried my screen has the same condition but I want to be sure before I worry about if I want to take it back to the Apple store. How bright did you have the screen set on?

Victor

20. slice4life thread starter macrumors member

yes its a black background and its on full brightness

21. slice4life thread starter macrumors member

quick update

after a week in the depot I still dont have my macbook pro.I called apple and they said the repair is on hold and they did find a problem