Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexbates

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Georgia, USA
I have the older MacBook Pro with the sleep light on the front button that attaches the screen to the main computer. I noticed that the light no longer blinks when it is on sleep. I recently upgraded my internal HD and have no idea if that could have caused it or not. I guess, since my Mac is three years old, there is also the possibility that the light just got old and went out.

Any ideas?

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
It is still actually sleeping, right?

I mean, it's not shutting off or safe sleeping is it?

jonbravo77

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
No, I haven't seen it light up at all since I upgraded it.

ok, you may need to open you MBP back up and check things out. There are some red/black cables that are glued onto the HD that I think are power cables, one lead I believe goes to that light you are talking about, they are clip in leads on top of the HD that could have come unplugged in the swap out process.... Not to sure though

alexbates

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Georgia, USA
ok, you may need to open you MBP back up and check things out. There are some red/black cables that are glued onto the HD that I think are power cables, one lead I believe goes to that light you are talking about, they are clip in leads on top of the HD that could have come unplugged in the swap out process.... Not to sure though

Thanks, I'll try to do that. I remember connecting all of those cables back in the right spot though. Maybe it could be a loose connection.

And yes, it goes to sleep properly. The light is the only thing that I have noticed going wrong.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
upon waking up the MBP from sleep, does there appear a grey "loading" screen??

im just curious, it might be going into "Deep Sleep" for some odd reason..

alexbates

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Georgia, USA
upon waking up the MBP from sleep, does there appear a grey "loading" screen??

im just curious, it might be going into "Deep Sleep" for some odd reason..

No, it seems to wake up the same (optical disk drive makes the same noise and screen comes up normal)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.