Macbook Pro / Lion / Cant turn subtitles / closed caption off DVD player

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by brandonvosika, Oct 14, 2012.

1. brandonvosika macrumors newbie

brandonvosika

Please someone help me out with this!
    This just started happening recently... but pretty much every movie I watch with DVD Player shows subtitles. I know, I'm not stupid, i turn them off on the dvd menu, i turn them off using FEATURES - SUBTITLES - OFF... all of that. they still remain.

Here's something too: if I do turn them ON from the dvd menu or FEATURES tab, the movie displays double subtitles.. So what do you think the deal is? Its as if the subtitles playing aren't from the dvd but from my computer..?

If it was just one movie i would think the DVD was a little wack but now it's happening with just about every other movie I watch.

Any ideas or solutions? Same problem? PLEASE SPEAK!

----------

never mind. just ****** figured it out. FEATURES - CLOSED CATION - OFF... why the hell do they have closed caption and subtitles under the FEATURES menu.. as if anyone would ever use both? arent they the same thing? whatever. ****.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

subtitles are usually for language change, like when a movie is in French and they keep the spoken french and use english subtitles.

closed captions are used for the hearing impaired and it doesn't normally change the language.