MacBook Pro + Lion+desk behaviour

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by claudeIMAC, Jan 7, 2012.

1. claudeIMAC macrumors newbie

The strangest thing is happening on my MacBook Pro 13" with Lion downloaded 3 weeks ago.
    After keeping the computer sleeping a longtime, the monitor is blurred in dark grey and the mouse pointer, if activated, creates a streak of the same colour all over the monitor. When I enter the admin pwd the monitor slowly takes on the original colour and brightness and all is back to normal. Happens quite frequently and very bothersome.--I have the same problem on my iMac 24" (Lion downloaded at the same time). I therefore assume it is smthg linked to Lion. Does anybody know what this is and how to cure it?

2. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Ok, I haven't seen that exact same issue, but general laginess and slow down seems to be quite common with Lion when you leave it on for a few days. The best thing I've found is to verify and repair disk permissions in Disk Utility every now and then. Makes a noticeable speed difference.

Hopefully Apple can fix this and return to the stability of Snow Leopard soon, I'm beginning to treat my MBP like a Windows machine which is just wrong.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It seems to be common....Machines with less RAM seem to suffer most. I wouldn't rush out though to buy more. Apple hopefully will fix this in updates shortly.