Macbook Pro Lion loses network connection

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bleeuwen, Jan 2, 2012.

1. bleeuwen macrumors newbie

After waking up my MacbookPro 5.5 the network connections are (sometimes) lost.
    How can I restore them without restarting my Laptop.

I have also the problem that the Finder does not react any more after waking up,; I found a solution for that. I hope there is also a solution for the network problem.

2. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Does this happen with other devices on your network (iPhone, other Macs, PCs etc?) I had a REALLY CRAPPY AirLink 101 Wireless N router, and it always caused my computer to drop the connection. I would restart the computer (and not the router..) and for some reason it would reconnect. (Though I am sure that releasing and renewing the IP lease would have solved it as well).

I have seen other people have problems with their "no-name" brand routers, and I have set them up with D-Links and Linksys routers, and those have also solved the problem for them as well.

I have replaced it with an Apple Airport router and have not noticed any connection problems since.

The problem may not be in the MBP, but rather the router. But best to check and see.

3. bleeuwen thread starter macrumors newbie

Not router related

I have another Apple comp (Mac-mini) with Snow-Leopard, and with that there is no problem. So I think the problem is with my onw MacbookPro with Lion.

4. onions macrumors member

try going into system preferences > network and creating a new location and delete the old one.