Macbook Pro Live Video Broadcasting

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheArnettie, Jul 23, 2009.

1. TheArnettie macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

iReplaced a PC just not to long ago and this is my first computer with a web cam. I would like to be able to stream live video via internet. However I do not know a website that would allow this. I tried using UStream.com but I had no video showing up.

So my question is.....What would you reccomend as being the best website to sign up and do live video broadcasting.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Are you looking to stream to a handful of users or a lot?

3. TheArnettie thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually,

I would like to be able to broadcast to just a few people and have the ability to password protect or invite only. I would like to keep in touch with close family members that have moved. They do not have a Mac (still trying to get them to get one). I tried using UStream but the video part is not working.

Thanks,

TheArnettie

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

5. TheArnettie thread starter macrumors newbie

has anyone used uStream.tv

I signed up for it but...I am not getting any video from it.

6. Mhmm macrumors member

I used to watch the recording of a podcast over at livevideo.com; you can give that a try. But beware that there's access to adult channels if you're going to have kids go into the stream often.

7. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

I think you can also setup iChat to auto accept video chat invitations :rolleyes:

8. robb.maciag macrumors newbie

hi everyone
    I'm new here .. new to mac as well :)

so ... in two weeks we are having our wedding party and some of our great friends can't make it so .... can anyone help me to find a solution how to broadcast our wedding ?

I'm trying the QT Broadcaster mentioned above but I simply don't know how to make it public ?
    any help .. plz :)

regards
    robb

9. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You'll have to find the public IP address of the computer that will be doing the broadcasting ... you can use a site like http://www.whatismyip.com/ to find out what it is ... but, you'll have to make sure it from the computer and connection you will be broadcasting from.

Once you have that, you'll have to give it to your friends, and they will just have to paste the IP address you gave them into Quicktime Player's Open URL ...