Macbook pro Locking up

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tiehen, Jul 25, 2009.

1. tiehen macrumors newbie

tiehen

Help!...I have a 1yr old Macbook Pro running OSX Leopard 10.5.7 and it locks up on me 2-3 times a day. This happens when I am navagating through Entourage, browsing the web or really any program - it just does not matter. It seems that I will type a sentence, type in the search bar ect... then hit "go" and the pinwheel shows up and never goes away Hence lockup - the only way to move along is a hard reset - it wont even let force quit. I have noticed this problem getting progressively worse as the months go by.

I use this for work daily but not doing anything extrodinary - mainly spreadsheets, word, and powerpoint, entourge thats it!.

:confused:
    any help will be appreciated.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Put in your gray restore disk 2 and boot while holding D to run an Apple Hardware Test.

3. tiehen thread starter macrumors newbie

tiehen

reboot?

aI found my disk 2, are you saying to insert the cd while running, then restart the computer holding the key "D"? Once completed, what is this going to tell me exactly?

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Boot the machine with the disc in while holding D. It will run a test, and tell you if there is a hardware problem.

5. tiehen thread starter macrumors newbie

tiehen

Thanks for the Help

I tried that but with no success...I went to the Genius Bar and they discovered my hard drive failed!

Thanks,