MacBook Pro + Logic 8

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by SFT, Jul 26, 2008.

1. SFT macrumors newbie

im thinking of buying a macbook pro 2,4ghz 15'' 2gb RAM, but first i'd like to ask those of you who work with logic on this mbp or at least those of you who can tell me how does logic runs in it..

thanks in advance guys

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Very well, like every other thread asking this has said :rolleyes:

3. Mashiach macrumors regular

Mashiach

I would strongly recommend upgrading to 4 gig. Its a heavy piece of software to run on a laptop. Also you will struggle running more than 8 space designer reverbs or top end synthesizers. But having said that mbps are designed to run logic pro 8 you just wont be able to do the kind of work you can do on a mac pro.

4. aced411 macrumors 6502

logic mbp

I run Logic Studio on my macbook pro. I have 2GB ram and the only issue I've had is when I'm running like 20 tracks and multiple plug-ins. I was able to resolve that issue by upgrading the hard drive to 7200rpm. Now no matter how much I throw at it I haven't managed to make it hiccup.

5. wilmor42 macrumors regular

wilmor42

trust me, from past experience in using an ibook 800mhz G4 running digital performer and logic for making music and creating videos (oh such long encoding sessions) anything made by apple post 2006 is MORE than ample for your average joe and the most experienced of us.. when you physically run out of processing power and ram, then its time for a new laptop.. but seriously i wouldnt even worry.. unless you want to run 20 space designers and load up loads of samples..