macbook pro logicboard broken

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tuty100, Dec 21, 2011.

1. tuty100, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011

tuty100 macrumors newbie

When i opened my macbook pro 13" (late 2011) 2.3Gh i noticed my screen giving strange colors.
    So i screwed of the bottom plate and look at the screen cable,
    i notised it was coming loose so i put it back in the connector and i see like a red glow coming from 1 of the components right next to the connector for the screen.
    i started up my mac and the screen stays white whit some gray lines,
    it just boots and i still have sound i think everything works except for the screen
    so is there anything i can do about it.
    i guess this doesn't fall under warranty, so what could this cost or is there a way to do this myself that is cheaper?

thanks for the help

2. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

Why wouldn't it fall under warranty? If your under Applecare I would put it back together and tell them you are having screen issues.

3. tuty100 thread starter macrumors newbie

because i probably did some things to void the warranty

4. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

Either you did or you didn't. Most people here understand that we open our MBP up and upgrade. Just because you opened it doesn't mean you void AppleCare. Now if you opened it up, started messing with stuff and now it's broken - well that's your own moral guidance on if you bring it in and what you do or do not say.

5. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Maybe he spilled liquid at some point?

@OP
    Bring it to apple, not much else can be done. Let them decide if it's a warranty case or not.