Macbook pro + Macbook air = Pointless?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Adam1, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Adam1 macrumors newbie

I was wondering if getting a macbook pro for home use and a macbook air to use as an ipad would be pointless?

2. fenjen macrumors 6502

fenjen

Just as pointless as having an actual iPad next to a Macbook Pro ^^.
    The Macbook Pro is a lot heftier then the Air so if you don't like having to carry it around and if you have the money to buy both and rather carry around an Air rather than an iPad (cause you like OSX better then iOS or something), then why not.

3. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

Huh? Why not just get an iPad as an iPad?

;)

4. MathBunny123 macrumors regular

I wouldn't say it's worth it. Just get an iMac + MacBook Air, or something similar.

5. Adam1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you carry around your macbook pro and is it a pain? And I already have a ipad 2.

6. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

You were asking in another thread whether to get an Air or a MBP for eighth grade. We suggested the Air for several reasons.

Now it *still* looks like you want the MBP for gaming.

You have to be up front about your goals if you want proper advice. That being said, an eighth grader does not need two premium laptops.

So yes, for you a MBP + MBA would be pointless. Get an Air. And if you must, an iPad, if the Air's portability is still not enough.

7. maxosx macrumors 68020

Doesn't that involve an excess of common sense ? .... :D

8. cosmicjoke macrumors 6502

It never hurts to own a spare laptop, the trackpad on my 15" rMBP needed replacing which they told me would be 48hrs (ended up replacing the entire topcase, battery, to just replace the trackpad... glue, lol) I had my air to use during that time.

Also, the air is just pretty comfy to use on the couch or in bed or on a plane for traveling or to carry around town for more recreational use....

I love my air but need a MBP for work... I don't really use my iPad for anything aside from graphic novels.... I might be able to deal with the extra half a pound though and replace the air with a 13" rmbp someday when it needs replacing. I much prefer the 13" form factor if I'm not working for sure.

9. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

I haven't used my iPad as an iPad in ages!

:D

10. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

i'm near-sighted so the airs screen is completely inferior get a 27" maxed out eyemak for home office and eye pads for the road. i like play on words rather than using the actual name of products by this wallyworld company who doesn't pay me to use correct names of their gadgets.

good luck!